29th January 2023

The company that gave the world the first modern laptop is finally leaving this market

Spread the love

Did you know this year marks the 35th anniversary of the world’s first mainstream laptop? It was the T1100 model presented in 1985 from the Japanese corporation Toshiba. Unlike its predecessors, this particular laptop was comparable in its technical characteristics with a desktop IBM PC, was relatively compact and had a relatively affordable price – 1,899 then dollars, which is approximately equivalent to 4,514 modern dollars. Therefore, it is the Toshiba T1100 that is the forefather of all modern laptops.

And today it became known that the company that gave the world this first mass laptop is finally refusing to manufacture this type of device. Back in June 2018, Toshiba transferred 80.1% of the shares of Toshiba Client Solution division to another Japanese corporation – Sharp. And now Toshiba has given Sharp the remaining 19.9% ​​of the shares. Therefore, henceforth, all notebooks developed by the company’s engineers will enter the market under the Dynabook brand.

In the meantime, Xiaomi has released a smart home aquarium.

Source: Toshiba

See also  Smartphone with flexible screen Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 is bigger and more powerful

Vicky O. Torres

My name is Vicky O. Torres. I am a psychologist by profession, and I love my work very much. And in general, I am an active seeker of truth, silence and beauty of the world.

View all posts by Vicky O. Torres →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.